Sunday, August 26, 2007

Annettey's Fam!

Annette sent me the following news from her family down in Arizona:
Cook Family Highlights (August 25, 2007)

Dan has successfully and officially completed the first
year of the three year Pharmacy Program at Midwestern
University in Glendale, AZ. He is now enjoying the last
break of classes which lasts a total of 5 weeks before he
starts a rotation at a Pharmacy site in AZ. After two
rotations this fall/winter he will endure more class work.
And then five more rotations in which he can request through
application as to where he would like to go to gain
experience. He has already requested two rotations in
Independence, Kansas where his sister's family lives. He is
interested in applying for a rotation in Maryland where
another of his sister's family lives.

As for me, Annette, I am willing to try different places to
see where we eventually will want to live in the long run.
"Somewhere not as hot as here!", I always add. Dan
currently works at Walgreens in Avondale, AZ as an intern
where he has had some interesting things happen with
customers.

Annette has had an adventurous summer that isn't over
yet. The temperatures have exceeded 117 degrees here on
occasion. I often make my opinion quite clear that I
would never live here by choice due to the blasted heat.
Our A/C unit doesn't keep up during the more part of the
day and so all I have to do is just sit there and sweat.
The inside temp. reads 85 degrees and I'm sure you all feel
sorry for me now. So Dan up and bought an A/C window unit
which will be installed soon.

I taught my first sewing lesson a few weeks ago. I
showed my student how to make pillowcases and her next
project is making pj shorts. Yea!

We just returned from a visit to Provo where we bought
peaches and pears. So like Jenny, I took on the task
of canning peaches. The next day I got really excited
when I realized I was capable of making Strawberry
Freezer Jam like Grandma Grace has served me for years.
I was very happy when it turned out. Today Dan helped
me can half of the pears. We will attack the rest when
they are ripe enough.

While we were in Utah we visited the Museum of Ancient
Life at Thanksgiving Point. Tira was scared of all the
dinosaur statues. James loved flipping sand and water
everywhere in the Erosion Pond. Dan was the photographer
of the event. I was fascinated by the 16 foot wide turtle
that was completely preserved when they found it. I
would really recommend going to the Museum if you haven't
been yet because it was tons of fun not only for the kids,
but for the adults as well. The money we paid to go was
well worth it.

James Caden is now 3 years old and is learning the art
of potty training. He is preparing to start preschool
at a local elementary school on Sept. 4th. He must be
potty trained to go so wish us luck!

James is into trains, cars, and trucks. He absolutely
loves Nursery and takes care of Tira while they are there.
James is a great help to Mommy around the house,
especially when it comes to mixing food together. James
knows all his letters and their sounds, which makes his
parents proud.
Thanks Annette:  I'll be glad to hear your future updates!

No comments: