Saturday, February 2, 2008

You You

In the blog world, there are these things called "meme"s. It is a thing where you tag another blogger to tell things about themselves, such as 6 things people don't know about you, or 3 characteristics of good writers. I would like to turn this around for the family blog and have a "Youyou." I will start posting a question periodically, and when you come by, you can post your answer as a comment and see how other family members feel about this item. We'll start with a simple one:

What is your favorite color, and why?

PS: I found out after posting this that "Meme" is pronounced "meem", not "Me-me," as I had assumed (and thought I was so clever in twisting to you-you. Joke's on me, I guess). There is a whole science with memetecists, etc. Look it up on Wikipedia if you're interested in learning more than you wanted to know.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'll start this one. My favorite color is mostly blue. It is such a calm color. But I like red and black for clothing, because I feel more striking and confident. And orange has increased in appeal to me lately because it is just so happy.

Unknown said...

My favorite color is green. I like all shades of green. It reminds me of the outdoors and spring. I like the way it shimmers in light, like in the sunshine. I like the way it makes me feel-sort of relaxed and in awe all at the same time. I love plants and they are green, I love the moss as it sits by a stream, I love parsley adorning my plate and I love green money to spend on a gate. I love emeralds and tourquoise and jade and I love a tree that gives plenty of shade. I love green and I hope that in Heaven, it won't be all gold and white without end'n. I hope that our Lord puts in some green, to accent the place and remind us see the beauty of colors that He did create and give us the option to help decorate. Love, Mom

Jesse said...

Thanks for the background on the word. I've actually wondered what it really means.

My favorite color is yellow. Not that I wear a lot of yellow, or decorate with the color. But when I see it, it makes me feel happy and like being productive. I probably should wear it and decorate with it more often!

James said...

My favorite color is blue. BYU blue. No one ever has bad feelings for the color blue, and if they did they would need medical counseling in my opionion. Plus the sky is blue, so God agrees.